Best for windows?

vroombaby

Someone managed to smear something all over my back windshield and then tried to wipe it off (in a bad way, like they used mud or something). What is the best thing to use on windows? I have always stuck with Windex or similar but isnt there something on the market that helps with glare from the sun too?

Ergal

Well, I clean my windows at the car wash, when I wash the whole car. The products they use are pretty good. Maybe next time you go to a car wash you could ask them, since they're professionals.

vroombaby

I think it was the guys who fixed the car with the paint-less dent removal, but the weird part is it is both inside and outside. I know they ended up using a wax on the outside since they had to clean the car off before they started but that does not explain the inside muck.

Paul

The only thing I know of to help with your problem is to have your windows tinted. It may be expensive depending on the kind of car you have but in the long run you won't be sorry. I love my tinted windows.

classicjuju

I'm not sure what you'd use for glare. I've always found amber tinted glasses help reduce glare but I've never used a window product that made that claim. As to washing the windows, use very hot water with 2-3 drops of Joy dish soap and a half cup of ammonia. This works wonders on cutting the exhaust film that builds up. Dry with newspaper (black and white, not color) or a soft cloth and you won't have streaks.

Wildman

Try cleaning them with straight white vinegar or Coca-Cola, then use the Rain-X stuff to put a surface on the window that will bead water off of it. It makes the rain bead up and roll off of the window which will make for better visibility. If you get caught out in the rain and you're not getting very good visibility, stop at a convenience store and buy a bottle of Coke and pour it on the window while you run the wipers, it will help to clear the road grime off the window and help you to see better.