Business supporting electric cars

FenderBender

Businesses like Walgreens, Kohl's, and Best Buy are installing charging stations at several of their locations nationwide to support the movement toward electric car usage. I think it is a great idea because a lot of people are scared of not being able to charge an electric car while they are out and about.

bjstorm

I think cost and the lack of available charging stations are the main detriments to the growth of the electric car. It's great to hear that these places are installing charging stations. Hopefully this will get the ball rolling for many more charging stations.

vroombaby

Yea I am really not sure how this is going to fly. Talking to people my age and up, some are just not ready for the change over. It will not be smooth or available to everyone. I see heavy issues they are going to need to work around first to get this really going.

HondaMan

I agree, vroom, but it seems Walgreens and the others have taken important steps in being electric car-friendly. I think one of the major deterrents towards electric cars was the inability of charging stations, and it's nice that, at least, a few companies have taken steps to help solve that problem.

Gomera

I love this decision. Look, the truth is a real change is going to take time. We need businesses to step up like this and commit to a greener future.

JohnBoy

Electric cars

I don't want an electric car of any kind because I would never want to have to tether it to a plug somewhere to recharge. I guess we all change our minds, but it sounds like an enormous amount of trouble.

Gomera

Part of that is being used to something happening. Many of the older drivers won't want to use the electric, but the young folks, when faced with more and more electric and hybrids will use them more and it will become their norm. It'll take a long time, but that is the future.

03altima

crossing akiions

Businesses like Walgreens, Kohl's, and Best Buy are installing charging stations at several of their locations nationwide to support the movement toward electric car usage. I think it is a great idea because a lot of people are scared of not being able to charge an electric car while they are out and about.
I think this is a great idea. Since electric cars have started becoming more popular, I've been wondering how to tackle the issue of recharging away from home. I think if more big name retailers (like Wal Mart, for example) jump on this bandwagon, electric car sales will rise and we might really stand a chance at lessening our dependence on foreign oil.

S

simonjames

Electric cars

Electric powered vehicles have zero tailpipe emissions, but there are, of course, emissions engaged in the output of electricity. One major advantage of electric vehicles is the "displacement" of hurtful air pollutants.