Changing a wiper

FenderBender

Now I know I have changed my wipers before and it wasn't that difficult but this morning I could not get the old wiper off. I still haven't gotten it off and I am not sure I will be able to. I don't know if it just got jammed in there or what. Anybody have any tricks?

vroombaby

I am going to need to replace mine soon enough. I know it has been a while and this morning I went to use the spray to get some dust off, the left one is skipping. I guess it was doing the "fix me" dance.

FenderBender

Mine was doing that dance for quite some time. After much elbow grease, I was finally able to get it off and get the new one installed. Seems like I got it right on time because it is supposed to rain all weekend.

smash

My first trick is to take it to Auto Zone. They will remove it for you if you buy your new wipers there. I always take my vehicles there for them to change. It never fails that my wipers need to be changed when it's raining out. The even come out in the rain.

j.parks

I know your dilemma FenderBender! I have done that same thing myself before. It is very frustrating. I now just buy them where I can have them installed for free. It's much easier that way.

sweetlhs

I'm with smash there. Take it Auto Zone and let them do it. Saves me the hassle plus the bloody knuckles and the frustration.

leadfoot

Just had one replaced yesterday. Drove right up to Advance Auto, went in, had the salesman help me with make and model and he followed me right out and changed it for me. Can't get any easier than that. Nice!

S

simmi

The wire part contacts are defective, you will need to replace the wiper motor in most cases to correct this.

S

simmi

When I was changing my car wipers in the rainy season, I too had faced this problem. Finally I got a solution that after applying car wax over the car body it easily comes out and new wiper blades are placed.
So apply wax twice a month it make wiper sliding smoother and with less friction.