For cars or storage?

Always2gether

What do you use your garage for? I personally think I would like to have both our cars in there as well as some of our stuff. I love garages that have enough room for everything :)

4ever

I only use a garage for cars. If I used it for storage, it would get messy very fast and the cars wouldn't fit.

Donald

We use our garage for a little bit of both. We keep one car in the garage, and the other one in the driveway. The other half of the garage is used for storage. I admire people who are organized enough to keep all of their cars in their garage, but I don't see myself getting to that point.

Lamboguy

If I lived in a climate still that had snow, I'd use the garage for the car so I don't have to scrape the windows so much. But here in the heat, I just use it for storage. It makes for less clutter in my place.

philio

I always put my car in my garage. The best way to make it last forever is to keep it in there. As for storage, I have a shed, and if it starts to over flow I know it is time to get rid of some stuff.

Smooth

Back home the only vehicle that we kept in the garage was my dads precious Harley. My old piece of junk car didn't even get a spot in the driveway. I had to park in the yard. Where I am living now (on a military base) I don't have the luxury of a garage (or a car for that matter). When I get out of here in 2 months I might get a car at my next duty station, but a garage is pretty much out of the picture. :eek:hwell:

Hotrod25

Neither, it's used to fix tractors and to build wood crafts right now. OK the second level of the garage (which is a 2 story barn) is for storage and it's where the game room is (pool table, card table, etc.) We are in the process of building a new garage that will house the cars.

MaximumSpeed

If I had one, it would be converted to living space. Our house just isn't really big enough for the quantity of people in it. Part of it would probably be storage, also, but mostly it would be more room.

Hotrod25

That is a good idea Maximum speed, I've seen people convert their garages into bedrooms. I've even seen some "man caves" - you know card tables, TVs, mini fridges.

HANG

I agree with others in this topic. I used to leave it for storage but it just became a mess. When I had new items, it was just throw it in the garage. Became a total mess.

jason

Administrator
Staff member
The garage at our house now is a smaller garage. There is maybe 3 or 4 inches between door and the wall. So you could get the car in, but opening the door is another problem.

Devoted2Dodge

Our garage is small but we have my car in it and storage stuff. My husband installed racks to the walls to hang stuff from. If you plan out the space you have you can make both car and items fit.

Bentley

We use our garage for storage. It is pretty small. Almost the size of a shed, so even if we wanted to...we wouldn't be able to fit any vehicles inside of it.

Alexus

My garage is strictly for my car. I don't understand people who absolutely want a garage, only to pile it full of junk! For that, just get a house that has an extra room. But, really, why have so much stuff that you are not even using? I guess I have just become such a minimalist these days. I've learned to travel light and only have the things that I really need.

Donald

Alexus, I think it's pretty simple why people use their garage for junk. If you have a room in your house that's filled with that kind of stuff, you'll be irritated by it all day. In a garage or shed outside, it's not on your mind as much. I agree with your sentiment about getting rid of stuff you don't need, but sometimes keeping junk in the garage does make a little sense. It's all about preserving your sanity! :smile:

Flipit

hethca projection

I am lucky in that I have a big storage building where I can put all my junk. The garage is free to put my car. We have lots of trees so I like having a place to get the car away from all the leaves and sticks that pile up on it, even when the weather is good outside.

Rodney

Ideally, I'd have room for the cars and storage space. The best situation I ever had was a two and a half car garage. It was roomy enough for the two cars plus a workbench and some storage space for things like Christmas decorations.

Lindsey

We have a two car garage and right now there are two vehicles in it. But it hasn't always been like this. A few years ago, my husband redid our kitchen but decided to hang onto the old cabinets. I probably don't have to tell you where he stored them for about a year.

S

simmi

I have made my Garage with good space and introduced new technologies in it like automatic gate control, light system control and better sub galleries for different segments of bikes and cars.
In left gallery I have placed bikes (Yamaha fzs and Kawasaki Ninja 300) and on the right side of it my brand new BMW 525i is covering its space. Its a perfect garage in my opinion where you find parking in easy way.