Have you never had a brand new car?

isis1

I have never in my life had a brand new car right off the lot. The closest I have come was when I was given my 2005 Ford Ranger by my Uncle in his will when he died. I kept it really nice too. But after my sons and husband and just about everyone else using it, it kind of got used lol. Anyone else never have a brand new car or truck?

Pete

Same here. I've never had a new car. All of mine have been used. Can't imagine spending the money on a new car or truck only to have it depreciate by 50% the moment I drive it off the lot.

Hotrod25

Yes I have had a new car, it was about 10 years ago. I have not since though. I've always gotten great deals on used cars. I think used cars are great too, the bugs are already figured out.

FenderBender

I bought 1 new car when I was 21. I hit financial difficulty a few years later and was unemployed and underemployed for longer than I would have liked. I ended up losing the car after having paid on it diligently for 4.5 years. I haven't bought new since.

Vroom Vroom

The car I drive now was bought new. I finished paying it off a couple of years ago. It currently has 112,000 miles on it. I would like to drive it until it hits 212,000.

Blitzer

No. I have never bought a car brand new off the lot. Don't think I ever will either now that I know it depreciates in value as soon as you drive it off the lot.

vroombaby

I got really close with the car I actually have right now and it took many years and a ton of luck. My husband and I were maybe together a few years and he was driving back from lunch one day, saw something and brought it for a test drive. He actually drove the car all the way to the house and told me to come outside to check it out.

At this point we never even though about any new cars, it was a few months old and I have had it ever since. Heck at that point in our lives we just drive what drove. He had an older clunker car (was wrecked before but not totaled) that I seldom drove and he had an older truck. After we got the car about a year later he wanted a new truck and I told him "go big or go home". Now he has a Ram and I have a Grand Prix.