Loose wire?

Vroom Vroom

I seem to have something going wrong with the speakers in the dashboard. There are times they are fine and other times I have a lot of static. Would this be a loose wire and is it something I can fix myself?

Opal

Sounds like a reception problem rather than a wire problem. Can you shunt the front speakers when static occurs to see if the static is also in the rear speakers? If the static is in the rear speakers as well, then you have a reception problem rather than a loose wire.

Devan

Hey man. Unless you know what you're doing, I would advise against pulling the dash. Leave that to the professionals. This comes from experience. I did it one time and that was enough.

Marcus

I agree that pulling the dash apart can give you even more of a headache if you don't know what you're doing. That said, if you do know what you're doing, I would get in there and peek around a bit, jiggle some wires, etc.

Vroom Vroom

I've helped pull a dash before, but it was on an older model car. It doesn't have rear speakers. Just dash and door. It gets great sound when its working okay, but other times everything is just distorted. Where is the best place to get stereo work done if I decide not to try it myself?