Loud Bass

Carl55

Why do people like to drive around with the bass as loud as they can crank it while keeping the windows down? Do they really think other people are impressed or like to hear their crappy music?

vroombaby

Okay, I have to say, I love bass. I love bass in my car, in the truck, in my house but I am not a jerk when doing it. My windows are up and its still at a level that is not "disturbing the public", so while I get it, I still think some people could be better bass enthusiasts like yours truly. :)

(otherwise they are just idiots that do not deserve to have an auto)

MaximumSpeed

I think that people who impose their music on others (to the point where it overwhelms one's own music inside one's own car) should be fined for disturbing the peace or something! It's rude and uncalled for.

66Notchback

I want to know how things like fire engine sirens can be heard over and above the booming of some of the stereo's I have heard: if it's loud enough to make the entire car vibrate, I fail to see (hear?) how the operator can hear the sirens of approaching emergency vehicles.

silverfox

They CAN'T hear the sounds of approaching EMT vehicles, unless they happen to look into the mirror. By that time, it could be too late to get out of the way quickly, hence delaying treatment to a person in need.

Is there any kind of law for overly loud music? Can they be ticketed? If not, there certainly should be. It's just ridiculous how some people pump up their music.

Smooth

I am pretty sure there are some sort of loud music laws in some states. I have seen/heard of people getting pulled over for having their music turned up too loud. I am not sure if you are usually issued a fine or warned or what exactly.

UGoGirl

I honestly think that these people need attention and do this because even negative attention is better than no attention, you know?

Lamboguy

I use to love bass when I was younger. I just loved the feeling of hearing those deep bass drops and there was a lot of good music back then. Now when some guy with rap pulls up to me and has that bass going, I'll just turn mine up loud. I'm usually listening to rock and country. I get nice looks with country songs. :heh:

Smooth

Sometimes I like to listen to music cranked up with loud bass, but I usually do that at home, or I'll go to a concert, but not while driving.

Donald

Okay, I have to say, I love bass. I love bass in my car, in the truck, in my house but I am not a jerk when doing it. My windows are up and its still at a level that is not "disturbing the public", so while I get it, I still think some people could be better bass enthusiasts like yours truly. :)

(otherwise they are just idiots that do not deserve to have an auto)
I also keep my windows up when I'm playing my music loudly, I think that's the way to go. There's no reason to not listen to good music at a reasonably high volume, and with the windows up it's not obnoxious.

Going back to the original question, I don't think it's about impressing anyone. I have friends who just don't care about what other people think, so they play their music as loud as they want. I get that it can be a nice stress reliever, but I personally don't agree with doing that. However, you're never going to stop some people until you really start enforcing a sound law. I don't see it happening where I live, there are bigger problems to deal with.

FenderBender

While I do occasionally play my music loud with the bass heavy, it is usually when I am on the expressway, not on a residential street where you are close to other cars and people. I don't like it when people do it in the neighborhoods where it is nothing but noise pollution.