Original music system

Bridey

I am quite happy with the music system I have, it's nothing special but it does the job. It seems quite unusual these days to still have the factory system in place. Am I missing something by not upgrading?

jason

Administrator
Staff member
If you are happy, then i say no worries. I know a lot of people who do not upgrade and are just as happy.

MomVan

I still have the factory radio in my car and it's 6 years old. I don't plan on replacing it since I have no need to. I don't get why people need those radios that "boom" late at night. I just want to chase them down and yell at them for shaking my whole house.

Kohn

It's really up to you. Yes, you're skipping the upgrades but you're not really missing them. The key question is, do you really need those upgrades to begin with? Apparently, the answer is no. Besides, with the economy these days, prudence is a virtue that really shines.

cartalk

My hubby always replaces the speakers in the cars we get. It's like a hobby for him. I'm with you on thinking it's unnecessary, but I suppose I am musically ignorant.

FenderBender

I have the factory radio in my truck still and to be honest it sounds a ton better than the one in my significant others car that he paid a ton of money for. I have never seen the need to have all those extras when it doesn't effect how my car drives.

vroombaby

I still have the factory setup in my car and its an 07, but the stereo esp. for a factory one is quite nice. I did have to replace a speaker but that was totally my fault. :)

I've never cared for the factory-issue speakers myself, however I prefer to listen to my music pretty loud and factory-issue speakers don't tend to handle bass well at high volumes. In my opinion, upgrading the stereo system makes for a much nicer sounding system, however if you are satisfied with what you have, don't worry about it. :)

Pete

When I was younger, I'd replace the speakers in the car but now it's not a high priority. I'd rather spend my money on something else instead of a car system.