Put A Chip In My Diesel truck

bjstorm

Well, I finally took the plunge and after lots of research, I put a chip in my Ford F 350 diesel. It's supposed to increase horsepower and improve gas mileage. I have to say I'm really pleased so far because it's done both. The truck's got a lot more power and I'm looking forward to seeing the difference when I haul my fifth wheel.

JohnBoy

Chip performance

Congratulations on making such a move. I hope you'll find the same thing my friend did. He pulls a trailer around the country and really speaks highly of the one he put into his truck. He swears he wouldn't have it any other way.

bjstorm

Thanks, JohnBoy, it always good to hear about other people doing what you've done and having it work out so well. I'm really looking forward to hooking up my fifth wheel and seeing what it's like.

Hotrod25

That is awesome. Can I ask how much the chip cost? Was it something that you were able to do on your own or did you have to have it done at the dealership/shop? I'm glad you are getting better gas mileage. Diesel gas is so expensive right now.

UGoGirl

I'm glad to hear you say you did your research. A friend of mine put a chip in his diesel truckand goofed it up, so I have been reluctant to try. Keep us posted.