Radio

Always2gether

I've been listening to the radio a lot more lately and it's been nice. I didn't realize how many new songs were out there. I've really been missing out!

Road_Runner

I have not been into radio in a long time. I hate the commercials. I have the same problem with TV. At least with TV, I can Tivo stuff and skip them. I only use my iPod in the car, but maybe I should give it a try again so I can see what I have been missing. I don't want to be a total square.

Donald

I think the commercials on regular radio are much worse than the ones on TV. They seem to be longer, and at least some commercials on TV are funny. I agree that listening to the radio is a good way to discover new songs. I'm just really glad that I have satellite radio now. :smile:

Alexus

I am not really a huge fan of radio. I listen during a certain time of day, when there is a DJ on that is a personal friend of mine. I will admit that I do start liking certain songs after hearing them all the time, and that motivates me to buy CDs or songs from those groups.

Gomera

A lot of stations have commercial free hours and those I listen to more often. I don't like the ads, either, but they aren't any longer than TV. A lot of TV ads now run a collective total of nearly 5 minutes (check out Bravo, for example).

Ares

I am not fond of listening to the radio either, especially when I am driving. I prefer it quiet. I play music sometimes, but it's always "good" music. :)

MaximumSpeed

I only have AM in the van (which I use most often), but the other day I turned it on and there was a decent music station playing. That was very nice to discover!

Sweet16

I love the radio! I always have it on when I drive, unless my mom makes me turn it off. I like having music going because I like to sing with it.

NeedNewWheels

I love listening to the radio in the car. Lately it's been the new Florence and the Machine CD but I have XM Radio so no commercials - Yay! I get a lot of stations, not all of them. As long as I have 80s, 90s, and alt rock then I'm set.

RacecaR

I've gotten to where I ignore most of the commercials. I just run the radio in the background for noise anyway, so it's not loud enough to be a big problem.

Bentley

Agreed! I love listening to the radio, especially around the holidays. You can really find some great Christmas music radio channels with a lot of variety...much more then a CD or iPod.