Rental Cars

Opal

Have any of you ever bought a rental car? These would be the ones used by Avis or Enterprise, etc. They usually have fairly low mileage and are in good shape. What has been your experience?

vroombaby

When we had to get the rental a few weeks ago while the car was in shop I noticed on the website for Enterprise they advertise selling them too. I honestly never knew what happened to them but it seems most rental places only keep a car for a year if that. I have never bought one myself but the prices I caught I might actually be tempted to buy as long as the car was in decent shape.

Geared

I don't know if I would want to buy a car from a rental car service. It's been my experience that they just don't seem to be well made.

Donnie

I've seen first hand how people abuse their rental cars. I don't think they are kept up well at all. I wouldn't even consider buying a rental car unless there were absolutely no better deals out there.

Paul

I've always had great rental cars and treated them well. The last one was a little Seabring Convertable. I would love to have one of those just to drive around in the summer. I would consider purchasing a rental but would have it checked out by my mechanic first.

kumkum

Opal, You have scratched out my past experience. I bought a rental car though I never want to buy that but the price attract my soul. It was looking like a new car , used for just 3-4 months. But when I drove it I felt what a big mistake I have done. That time I was feeling like I was sitting on a bullock cart experiencing it's ups and downs. From that time I have decided not to buy any more rental car.