Stop leak spray

jumpinjacks

What do you think the best brand of stop leak spray (for tires) is? I have what must be a pin hole leak in one of my tires and I am wondering if I have to buy the expensive stuff.

sharky

I am not a big fan of all of those sprays and fillers. Instead you can go to any automotive store and get a kit that you can use to stop most leaks. I have used them a number of times and they always work.

Dodge Doll

You don't have to buy the expensive stuff... but that tire is now "shot" if you go that route. You'll need to have it replaced before too long, that 'patch' stuff isn't meant to take the heat that is produced while driving.

Pay the $20 and have a tire shop fix it properly, it's cheaper than replacing the tire before the Winter comes. :)

silverfox

I think those stop leak sprays are only meant for very temporary fixes. I would take it to a tire garage and see if they could plug it. Also, don't let them talk you into buying a new tire if you think you do not need one. That has happened to me before. I took a good tire in for a plug and they tried to sell me a new one.

Lamboguy

Yeah, I don't really like the temporary fixes. I'd rather just go get new or used tires. The last time I needed two back tires, I went to a cheaper place in a ghetto area and got two almost brand new tires for 20 bucks a piece. It was a great deal.