Techron

Tony

There's a specific gasoline company that advertises that it contains techron which is supposed to keep your engine clean and running better. For me, I think it's just hype but what do others think?

CharlieBrown

I think a company, whether it's a gas company, a computer company or whatever, will say anything it wants in order to get you to buy their product. I think all gas is the same, most have the same additives and detergents and that you should buy specifically on whoever's got the lowest price.

Pete

It's all marketing. Make it sound like you have something special and the people who don't know any better will flock to your business. It's marketing and nothing else.

Blitzer

They probably all have Techron, but since this company thought of the marketing tactic first, it's theirs. But yeah, everyone is right. It's just marketing and nothing else.

Jerry

I think every company want to sale his products on a higher margin mean to say to make a good profit.Petrol formula is same of all the companies but they adding some compounds in a minor ratio and test it,if it work better than the past so they will give it the name of techron etc whatever.