Too fast for road

Hotrod25

Some idiot teen driver today took our corner too fast and ran into my husband! My husband had just pulled out of our driveway - went about 15 feet and this kid crossed the line and hit him. It's a good thing it was my hubby and not me. My hubby was driving the truck. It only ruined his rim and tire but the kids car was totaled. My hubby was pretty nice and let the kids mom pay $300 to replace 2 tires. When will kids slow down!

smash

Wow the kid was lucky that your hubby did not call the police or turn it in to the insurance company. Goad no one was hurt, right? I hope this kid learns from this.

leadfoot

Kids will always think they are invincible. When they have a fender bender or two, I think they begin to realize that things can happen to them as well. I'm glad no one was injured Hotrod. The kid was very lucky!

bobc

Very lucky indeed! He was lucky to not get hurt and lucky for you guys not calling the police! Hopefully that slows him down! I used to drive a lot faster when I was younger and I learned.

vroombaby

It honestly would not matter who hit my car, insurance is always filed even if the person were my mother-in-law. I hate the idea of sounding so harsh but many people (teens and adults alike) just seem to not care about the rules of the road.

FenderBender

I always call the police now too since I got sued. I think your husband really did the kid a disservice by not really holding him or her accountable for their actions. Kids these days have so few consequences as it is.

Hotrod25

I think he was thinking about the accident he was in as a teen. He wasn't so lucky, they called the police. He was trying to give the kid a break. He said the kid was telling him that he heads to boot camp in a month.