Best bike for a woman?

Vroom Vroom

I am interested in getting a motorcycle, but up to now I've only been a rider and not the driver. As a woman, I would like something that I can comfortably hold up when I come to a stop. What would be the best bike for a female newbie?

harleydoll

Well, I like the Harley. I've also grown up around motorcycles and don't have any issues staying on or holding the bike up. I don't think there is a best one, you just have to find one that fits you.

Vroom Vroom

Well, I like the Harley. I've also grown up around motorcycles and don't have any issues staying on or holding the bike up. I don't think there is a best one, you just have to find one that fits you.
Thanks for replying! I have sort of started looking at Harleys, but not sure if I can afford one. I think part of my problem is that I am so short, it makes it hard to get my legs on the ground without leaning too much. I think I need a small bike.<sigh>

vroombaby

It is always best to shop around and also be able to touch, feel and hold onto the bike at a showroom. Go with a male friend as you will less likely get hassled by an overly pushy salesperson too. Explain what you are looking for and they can help narrow down the list for you (its what I did).