Higher taxes because of electric cars

Luanne

You can't have one without the other, can you? I just heard on the news that utility bills for everyone would be going up because of all the electric cars out there. Monies are still needed to repair roads, but with fewer people purchasing gasoline as a result of electric cars, they had to find the funds somewhere. So all homeowners will pay more because some homeowners are saving on gasoline costs.

That's ridiculous. You'd think they would be rewarding people for using electric, not punishing the public at large! Gas is a limited resource; using electric makes sense.

Big Al

There has to be a way to only charge electric car owners like what's done with taxes at the fuel pumps. It's not right to charge people who don't own electric cars.

CharlieBrown

That's ridiculous. You'd think they would be rewarding people for using electric, not punishing the public at large! Gas is a limited resource; using electric makes sense.
Yes, but electricity comes from burning coal. Isn't coal a limited resource? I mean, once it's mined from underground, it doesn't grow back so that you can mine it again.

But I do agree that electricity is cheaper than gasoline, and should be.

vroombaby

It is limited but that does not mean someone who is using a normal amount should be paying more for it just because someone else wants to change the way they wish to use a car. I do not like the idea one bit and I will be quite upset if I am taxed because if it when I do not own a car like that.

Luanne

This may be a situation developing in my geographical area. I do hope it's not a widespread thing so maybe someone with some common sense can vote against it. We're going to be paying fees, taxes and whatever else they call it on everything until there's nothing else to live on. Many people are there already.

We have to look on electric cars, it is necessary and smart decision to buy electric cars as we cant found gasoline easily, there are so many facts which will recommend to use electrical vehicles instead of gasoline powered. new technology makes it perfect for us to use electric cars forever.

sweetlhs

Ya'll vote right in November. Look at the statistics on unemployment, national debt, health care and taxes. Don't believe what you see on TV. Do the research yourself and you'll know how to vote.

Capricheea

I didn't hear about this, is this really true? Because if it is, it's not right at all! I buy gas and I pay a pretty penny for it so I don't think I should be 'punished' for it.

leadfoot

Ya'll just be sure to vote right in November. Otherwise, more than electricity will be going up. I just got an email about homeowners insurance going up as well. Yipee!!!! Just what I needed.