A million miles

UGoGirl

I heard on the news the other day about some guy who put a million miles on his Camry, so the company awarded him a new car. Is that cool, or what! The guy said doing the scheduled maintenance was the key.

Hotrod25

I don't believe it! 1,000,000,000 miles on it? Seriously? Did he have it rebuilt several times? I won't let my cars go over 200,000 miles I can't imagine a million!

MaximumSpeed

Wow! I would love to make a car last that long, even if I DIDN'T get a brand new car out of the deal! That's very cool of the company to do that for him.

vroombaby

That is pretty impressive to start with but he does have a point. I know people who think there is no need to replace oil let alone heavy duty maintenance.

Ares

Vroombaby, that is true. I know people who think that filling up their car is all what they need to do to keep the car run smoothly. I cannot imagine hitting a million miles on my car though.

RacecaR

I know Toyota's a good car, but I never would have thought that a body could eke a million miles out of one. Was that its original engine and transmission?

Ares

That is a good question, and I also am curious about that. I hope he hasn't modified the car so drastically, to the point that it is more like a Ferrari than a Toyota. :)

Hotrod25

I like these responses but I just can't believe that no one thinks the way I do. How can 1 vehicle drive that far with no engine work? I can't believe that an engine would last 1 million miles.

Ares

How can 1 vehicle drive that far with no engine work? I can't believe that an engine would last 1 million miles.
I know that. I imagine that if you took super care of your car, I mean a good car, it would drive for 200,000 miles or 250,000 miles at most.