A New Microcar

FiveSpeed

Remember the tiny Honda CVCC's from the 1980's? Remember how tiny they were? Well, Chevrolet's going back in time to make a new micro car. Now, it's smaller than the Accent and Rio, the Yaris and the Fit. The Chevrolet Spark will be available coming in 2013, and it'll even have alloy wheels, power windows and air conditioning, at a price that will start at less than $10,000. Check it out! Visit www.chevrolet.com/spark.

Lamboguy

I really don't like the look of these cars. It is similar to the small Fiat that I saw at a dealer. They look like tiny and partial mini vans or something. I guess people buy them for economical reasons.

FiveSpeed

That's what I think too. With a starting price of under ten grand and (more than likely) great gas mileage, it's a viable option for those who want a new car but don't want to spend a lot. Even an Accent or a Yaris starts out at over $12000.

Personally, I'd probably spend the extra two grand and get something a little bigger.

SpeedyG

Not a big fan of these either. They may be economical and fuel efficient, but I find them very unappealing. I would prefer a sports car myself, and pay the extra money for performance.

FenderBender

I don't like the way they look and unfortunately they don't think about people needing to do carpool or carry light cargo like groceries, sports equipment make and the like when they create these vehicles.

AWOL

At 6'4" the odds of fitting in a microcar are not good. Even "regular size" small cars do not accommodate long legs. Remember the Del Sol? That wasn't ever happening in a million years. I laugh at the "clown cars". It's not for our family.