Acceleration

DeerKiller

What is it anymore with the new cars and acceleration. I test drove a new Malibu and you would have thought it was a 4 cylinder the way it bogged down when I hit the gas! I could have gone faster on a motor scooter.

DogGuy

Some of the newer cars are like that DeerKiller. I don't like a lot of the newer cars for that very reason. I have held onto my older cars and have been trying to make them a bit more fuel efficient and greener. I can't stand a car that won't accelerate when you need it to. It can be rather dangerous.

Ticking

Everybody is skimping on everything nowadays. Now it's the engines in cars. That's why I'm hanging on to my old '96 for as long as I can. I don't care what the blue book on it is, it still runs better than the new ones.

daddysmonkey

It's all about efficiency and getting the most miles per gallon now, unfortunately. It's one of the reasons I still prefer to drive a stick shift.

Testdriving

That's a good point Daddysmonkey. I wouldn't mind to drive slowly if by doing so I could save some money on gas. Though I agree with you, it's annoying to have a car that won't accelerate when you need it to.

Last edited: