Almost died!

FenderBender

Last Friday night we were driving home from a family Christmas party on the other side of town. It was about 10:30 at night and the street lights near our house had already switched to blinking. We had the blinking yellow and the cross street had the blinking red. I am so glad that the SO slowed way down and checked the intersection before crossing it because the car coming down the cross street didn't even slow down! We would have gotten plowed hard in the passenger side and both of us would have been badly hurt, if not killed. Sometimes I just don't know what people are thinking when they are driving.

Donnie

Close calls

We've all had one or two of those close calls on the highway. There's nothing like one to make you start driving defensively if you weren't doing so before. I never go into an intersection without watching what the cars left and right of me are doing, not since someone did run a red light and plow into my passenger side. Luckily, no one was riding with me that night. I'm glad you came out okay.

Taylor

Safe driving

This is one reason we stay tucked into our own home on New Year's Eve. People drive foolishly enough when they're not out late partying and drinking. It's not worth the extra chance of being on the highway as far as I'm concerned. We will bring in 2013 from home.

FenderBender

We were on a residential road with a 35 MPH speed limit a block from our house not a highway. The car was going faster than the posted speed limit though. I wish there would have been a cop there to pull them over though.

Opal

Driving is a defensive game rather than an offensive game. On the way to work every morning, I frequently see people run red lights. I've taken to looking both ways after my light turns green just to be sure there's no idiot flying down the road because he's late for work. That one little precaution has saved me many times.

vroombaby

We had a similar issue about a month ago with the exact same setup. I am really surprised at how people are when it comes to a blinking stop light, it seems they either totally forget the rules of the road, should not be driving in the first place or just do not seem to care.

FenderBender

Vroom, we have had power outages too, where non working lights should be treated as 4 way stops. People have no idea what to do when this happens and everyone goes nuts. I agree if you don't know the rules of the road you shouldn't be driving.

kumkum

I think the best to get rid out of this speed problem is to increase speed breakers on road. otherwise people are not going to drive slowly and safely. For such people fast driving is like a fun. When any person go outside then he doesn't know whether he will return back to his home or not. This is a serious problem and government must take some action about safety of people.