An Olympic rant

FenderBender

I would just like to take a second to complain about the fact that all the stuff I would like to watch in the Olympics (i.e. gymnastics) is not airing until 10PM or later every night. Most of these are prerecorded so I am not quite sure why they can't show them earlier.

jason

Administrator
Staff member
Not sure, but that explains why my wife hasn't been showing them to our daughter. She is in bed way before 10pm.

Hotrod25

DVR the late night Olympics and watch them the next day. Heck we already know what happens before they show them. That is my biggest beef - all the spoilers all over the internet prior to them being on TV. Like I already know Phelps beat Lochte in the 200m IM and it has not even been on TV yet.

RoseRed

I completely sympathize. I can't watch them either because I have to put my infant daughter to sleep, which lately has been a long process. I would use the DVR, but it's messed up right now and won't record.

Vroom Vroom

I'm not into the summer Olympics, but they did the same thing with the figure skating during the winter Olympics. I would let the DVR tape the events and then watch them the next day. This works good for fast forwarding past all the nonsense in between performances too.

Hotrod25

I would let the DVR tape the events and then watch them the next day. This works good for fast forwarding past all the nonsense in between performances too.
I love all the nonsense in between the performances. I love hearing about their lives outside of the sport. I also love seeing the relationships they have with other Olympians in their same sport. I do tend to fast forward through events I don't care to see.

Devan

I would just like to take a second to complain about the fact that all the stuff I would like to watch in the Olympics (i.e. gymnastics) is not airing until 10PM or later every night. Most of these are prerecorded so I am not quite sure why they can't show them earlier.
I agree with you totally Fender. Maybe if the networks get enough complaints, things will change. I would liked to have seen Phelps win live rather than know the outcome before I saw the event. Same with Gabby and gymnastics.

FenderBender

I agree with you totally Fender. Maybe if the networks get enough complaints, things will change. I would liked to have seen Phelps win live rather than know the outcome before I saw the event. Same with Gabby and gymnastics.
I ended up watching them on demand but it still sucks because as everyone said, you already know who won before you watch. they should make some sort of agreement that the results can't be released until it airs or something.

RoseRed

I ended up watching them on demand but it still sucks because as everyone said, you already know who won before you watch. they should make some sort of agreement that the results can't be released until it airs or something.
That would be pretty cool, but I don't see how they could do it. People attending the event would probably spill the beans online anyway.

ICU2

I think they try to give equal airtime to all sports. Even though not all sports are equal in regards to how many people watch them, they try to be fair.