Auto Start

RedHot

I've bought an automatic starter kit for my Mustang. Who is more experienced at putting it on-the repair shop or the stereo shop where they do the stereo mods on cars? I have a feeling I'm going to get better service if I go to the stereo shop but what do y'all think?

chillen

Why would you take it to a stereo guy if you need a starter guy? No offense but that's like asking if you should take a tire issue to a motor man (just my thoughts keep in mind).

I would check around for 3 estimates on all repair/install shops and choose the best between rates and reputation.

Alex

Take it a stereo place or an auto electricians (sometimes the same thing) because, while mechanics do have vast knowledge of vehicle electrics, they are not trained in it. Also they usually fix broken cars not add extra things to them.

Miata_Matyr

Car Audio joint is best. They're used to modifying the electrics in vehicles, it would probably just link up to the ignition switch so no mechanichal tweeking is needed. I had cruise control and stuff like that fitted at a stereo place, they were really good but I had to buy their stuff- they don't fit owner supplied gear.

Robert

The stereo guy should be able to hook up the starter kit. We hooked up the one we have by ourselves. The stereo guy should be capable enough to do it.

Weezer

I'm not skilled enough to put it in but our local stereo shop does these constantly. They even have a guy who does just that. Really makes a difference when you go to messing with the electronics and computer system in the cars.