Auto Zone Test?

sharky

Do you trust Auto Zone tests? The Auto Zone machine told me that my alternator needed replaced but it turned out it was just a wire that needed replaced. If I had believed their test I would have spent a lot more money than I needed to.

coup

Their tests are pretty accurate as far as the readings themselves go. However, no one at Auto Zone is qualified to tell you what has caused the reading.

philio

I am glad that some auto stores offer those services for free. However, I have seen them lead people down the wrong path many times.

Midnight Tech

Administrator
It always pays to have it tested at more than one location - also, it's best to have alternators tested on and off the car.

vroombaby

I have never actually used them but I have heard some good stories about them. This weekend we took both auto's out to a local place named Ken's (??) to get a oil check, change & wash. Both vehicles under 30 bucks, I was impressed. :)

HANG

Sorry for being a little non knowledgeable, but I am old. Can someone explain to me what exactly an Auto Zone Test is? Is this some kind of an apparatus that "tests" your car?

philio

Yeah, you can go over to Auto Zone and ask them to run their machine on your car. It will take all kinds of readings to help you diagnose problems. Around here they will run this check free for you.