Baby puke smell

Hotrod25

My car smells like baby puke and I don't have a baby! I don't know what is causing it but I need it to stop. What can I do? I don't see any stains but something really smells!

RoseRed

Well, I would definitely be poking around the car to see if there's anything that got left behind. Did you spill any milk or dairy product in there recently? You can also try treating all the upholstery with an enzyme-based cleaner.

Hotrod25

I looked through the whole inside of the car and it still smells. Maybe something is in the engine area. I hope something did not crawl up there and die.

FenderBender

If the smell persists I would probably seriously consider having the car professionally cleaned. They will do all the upholstery and carpets. I hate when you have a nasty smell you can't find the source of.

RoseRed

Yes, that is the worst, Fender. Sometimes if you wait awhile, it'll just go away but that's a really unpleasant process and probably not the best for you.

j.parks

I think I would go with having it professionally cleaned. If you've looked all inside and feel it is coming form that area, it might help. Now if you still smell it after having it cleaned, I guess you will have to keep searching. Good Luck.

leadfoot

Try pressure washing the engine and putting a jar of smells-be-gone in the back floor board. I had a similar situation a while back and this worked like a dream. No more smells.

sweetlhs

I went to a wedding once where the groom's brother put sardines on the manifold of his car. Talk about stink. The newly weds barely made it to the first carwash before they had to stop and wash down the engine.

Ergal

I think you should have it cleaned right away. Something like this happened to a friend of mine once but the smell actually came from his baby boy.