Back to school?

FenderBender

In my neighborhood, the kids do not go back until September 10th. That seems super late to me but it made me wonder if everyone else was back to school yet? If not when do they start?

Calvin

Back to school

September 10 seems mighty late to me. The school buses here roll first thing Monday morning. Even then, we've had years when the children were back in school by August 15.

Hotrod25

Last year the kids went back on September 12th. I remember because it is my daughters birthday. Here this year they go back the Wednesday after Labor Day. I'm not sure what that date is.

vroombaby

My kids started in Aug. but I know its still next month for a few others, I guess it depends on where you live. I remember going to school Sept-June and it was 8am-3:30pm, now for my kids its in during Aug. at 8am and out by 2:30pm.

Hotrod25

My daughters school changed the start time for the older kids. She starts at 8:30a and gets out at 3:10p. It used to be 7:45a-2:10p. She starts Wednesday and she is not ready. She will be a Junior this year.

vroombaby

The afternoons have been really rough and its not just for the kids either. By the time they are finished with school for the day I am tired of dealing with the traffic and bad drivers, we all need naps!

RoseRed

That seems really late to me, but maybe that's because we start really early here. I believe classes started on August 10th, which I think is insanely early.

smash

Kids started back here this Wednesday. Last year it was later and parents complained. My brothers kids start in August but they also get out in May. Our kids get out in late June.

bobc

Kids start here in September too. It is always after Labor Day. I don't think it is late at all, its normal. I know some States start in August but that is still summer here.