bad moments driving?

vroombaby

I have had a few close calls before, not by my own doing behind the wheel but others on the road. I still have days when I am surprised some people are behind the wheel. This morning I was almost clipped coming out of my street, which was gridlocked by a bunch of "morning idiots". :sing:

FenderBender

Yesterday a young girl pulled out in front of me from a McDonald's parking lot, cutting me off. I had to slam on my brakes. Then I watched her turn left with a car coming right at her. She seriously only had inches. The car coming straight through had the right of way and they also had to slam on their brakes so as not to hit her. What an idiot!

vroombaby

Something similar happened to my husband in front of a McDonald's too, maybe the place is cursed. It was well before he and I got married and the guy actually hit him and then tried to get out of the ticket.

Hotrod25

Today my daughter almost put us in a ditch! Seriously she just got her permit and she scared the crap out of me. Sure a lot of other drivers scare me too.

Calvin

I think my worst moment is when I was driving on a five-lane highway and the car in front of me shifted lanes abruptly. Right in front of me, where he just was, was a big aluminum ladder lying horizontally directly in my path, almost beneath my wheels. I could kill the idiot who didn't have it fastened properly to his truck, thus leaving it there for me to run over. I somehow avoided it, but I know someone must have eventually hit it.

vroombaby

I have a feeling by the time I am ready to teach my kids to drive, their dad is going to need to step in. I am such a control freak and I still freak out when he drives, no way I could make it through teaching a teen.

RoseRed

I know what you mean, vroombaby. I think I'd have a heart attack if I tried to teach my kids how to drive.

My worst moment was actually on a bicycle. A car clipped my back tire. Fortunately they were going about 5 miles per hour so the only damage was to the bicycle tire.

sweetlhs

My worst moment was the black ice morning when a red pickup skidded across three lanes and hit me head on. My Chrysler LHS saved my life. I now have a bionic foot and wrist. I hope you never ever experience anything like this.