Bah Humbug

Vroom Vroom

Well, I am officially ready for the holidays to be over. I don't think one single thing has gone right since Thanksgiving. I wish we could hibernate like bears and wake up in the spring.

FenderBender

I am pretty sure nothing has gone right for me since September but I am still trying to look on the bright side. We just found out that my husband's aunt has ovarian cancer and will be going in for surgery 3 days before Christmas!

Vroom Vroom

I am pretty sure nothing has gone right for me since September but I am still trying to look on the bright side. We just found out that my husband's aunt has ovarian cancer and will be going in for surgery 3 days before Christmas!
Sorry to hear about your husband's aunt. Last year, my Dad was declining in health. He really didn't feel good at all. This year, he's not with us except in spirit. It's been hard.

UGoGirl

There is a lot of pressure on us to make a big production out of the holidays. Sometimes I wish I lived in a simpler time. It should be a very enjoyable time, and it's really not these days.

vroombaby

It is just the time of year that things get a little more hectic for us, or we just think they do as we are rushing around when we could really be moving at a slower pace. I tend to avoid rushing during this season as it causes too much stress.

smash

The key is to plan ahead and start earlier. This will help with all of the rushing around! You can also try to make things simpler and that will help with the stress too. I love this time if year! I love spending time with my extended family. I hope the holidays last a long time this year.

It's been rough for us as well, especially with my aunt's cancer returning and watching her go through chemo. We've also had out fair share of family drama (unrelated to my aunt) but luckily, everything our family has been going through has brought us closer together and given us a greater appreciation for the holiday spirit. Vroom vroom - I hope things get better for you and your family!

Donnie

I was going through a bad spell, but with little ones in the family, we're just going to take this week and next and make lemonade out of all the lemons. We're cleaning, decorating and cooking. Then there's shopping, wrapping and going to church. What could be better or make better memories?

FenderBender

Sorry to hear about your husband's aunt. Last year, my Dad was declining in health. He really didn't feel good at all. This year, he's not with us except in spirit. It's been hard.
My aunt passed away in September and now we are dealing with his aunt getting sick. She may not be able to get the surgery though because her EKG came back abnormal earlier this week. She will be having a stress test tomorrow to see if she can go ahead with the surgery or not.