Battery problem - take to shop?

Hotrod25

I was floored when a co-worker whose husband is out of work told me that she took her car to the shop. She said her hubby knows it was just a dead battery. The battery was the same one that was in the car when she bought it new (10 years prior). Why he did not just buy a battery and change them out is beyond me. You don't have to be a rocket scientist to change a battery. Can you imagine taking your car to the shop for this?

FenderBender

No, I would never take my car to a shop to get a battery swapped out. If my husband wouldn't do it, I would do it myself. As you said it doesn't take a rocket scientist. It is simply a matter of removing a few bolts and then reattaching them to the new one. That is ridiculous, especially if money is tight.

Marcus

I would never do that either, but I have heard of people doing things like this. I guess some people just don't have a clue how to take care of even the most basic car maintenance.

Donnie

Battery installation

A lot of people are afraid of batteries. They don't know what to do with the cables. They are afraid of touching acid or having a battery blow up in their faces.