Be nice to your neighbors

coup

I have no issue with a sound system. In fact I have one myself. However, I am considerate enough to know when and where I should turn it down. My neighbors will drive up to their house with theirs booming in the middle of the night. Be kind do your neighbors and turn it down before you get home.

chillen

I know some people that do not care what type of area they are in, blast away is their motto. I once saw a car who was blasting their crude in a church parking lot while a funeral was going on!

Wini

I listen to my car stereo loud. Very loud on the highway. But as soon as I turn into a residential area the radio comes down. I don't want to disturb people, especially at night. It's just the respectful thing to do.

Dodge Doll

I wish the police could ticket such morons: how on earth are they going to hear the sirens of approaching emergency vehicles? and don't tell me they'd see the lights flashing in their mirrors, either, because stats say differently: looking cool and scopin' things out is the game, not safe driving, let alone regular mirror-checks.

NeedNewWheels

I don't think loud music is always about looking cool. Some people just like their music loud. I'm one of them but I consider myself a safe driver and I never listen as loud as I really want to. It's not cool to annoy people in their homes or near businesses and it's not cool to end up in a bloody mess on the freeway because you're too distracted by music, food, phone, or anything.

philio

Some area have noise ordinances which means they can ticket these kind of people. Of course, if their music is loud and they aren't paying attention it might take them awhile to notice the cop.

NeedNewWheels

Some area have noise ordinances which means they can ticket these kind of people.
I know that we have those ordinances around here. Unfortunately there aren't many cops hanging out in the residential areas here to catch them so it's not very useful.

smartauto

Banned
Car Navigation/GPS,DVD Player,Radio

I listen to my car stereo loud. Very loud on the highway. But as soon as I turn into a residential area the radio comes down. I don't want to disturb people, especially at night. It's just the respectful thing to do.
It is not safe to listening to the music during driving

vroombaby

I cut my music off by the time I turn onto my own street and it does not matter what time of day or night. I always do it. I do not want disturbed and try to treat others the way I would want to be treated.

Donald

I cut my music off by the time I turn onto my own street and it does not matter what time of day or night. I always do it. I do not want disturbed and try to treat others the way I would want to be treated.
That's very courteous, but I'll admit I'm not quite as considerate as you. I don't usually blast my music when I'm driving on my own street, but once in a while after work I'll have it a little loud. I would never do that late at night though, I think that's pretty rude.

MaximumSpeed

I know that we have those ordinances around here. Unfortunately there aren't many cops hanging out in the residential areas here to catch them so it's not very useful.
That's why the police have phone numbers, you know. Most people who are inconsiderate that way tend to leave it up for a while. If you call, they will come check it out.

silverfox

People drive by my house all the time blasting their music from their boom boxes, (I think they are called). It is so annoying. I was walking my dog one night and I passed a house. They had their car parked in the driveway, blasting the music. About 3 seconds later I saw a cop drive up and he made them turn it down. I was glad to see it, and I hope they got ticketed.

HANG

Lol, silverfox. That message made me chuckle. I don't think he can ticket them though. I don't think that they can do much about people using their radios.

silverfox

To HANG:

Oh. (LOL!)

Well then, I hope the cop gave them a good talking to! (LOL!) If I was a cop I would of dragged them in for disturbing the peace! (Can they do that?)

philio

Actually, it depends on the area. Some towns have what is called a noise ordinance. Here the ticket for that is about $150 when it is all said and done. There is a town about 30 miles away that has a REALLY high fee at $500, and I promise you that is the quietest town ever.