Best carpet cleaner

coup

I really need to do something about the carpets in my mini van. It is a total wreck. Does anyone know what the best carpet and seat cleaner is?

philio

Do you mean like an apolstery machine, or do you mean a product that you use on the carpet? If it is that bad I am going to guess that you will need both of those things.

Chandler

We usually take the carpet out when we detail and then scrub it with Tide or Dawn in water and then rinse with the water hose. If the carpet doesn't come out you would obviously need to do something different.

Dale

As far as keeping it clean before it gets too far gone, I like to use my steam cleaner. I use it several times letting it dry between each cleaning. Then I follow up with Scotch Guard.

Lizzie

I am with Chandler. I also use laundry detergent to clean them up. I am fortunate that my kids know better than messing up my car too much.

FiveSpeed

Coup, unless you want so-so results, I would either buy or rent some type of upholstery cleaner machine. Spray on foam in cans very seldom do anything at all. Like the others said, you can take the carpeted mats (I'm sure they weren't talking about taking up the whole carpet) and clean them out of the car.

Kohn

If it's a total wreck then just have them replaced. There are shops that do so. This time make sure it's a type that you can take out and wash. It's worth investing on this because that van is an extension of your home.

Chandler

Yeah, I was talking about taking the whole carpet out. Ours comes out if we lift up the door threshold and then take up the trim around the outline of the carpet. It will come completely up and then you take it out to a clean area and start scrubbing. It works very well that way.