Bike broke!

MotorX

I've had more trouble with this bike. There is a bolt on the back end that keeps breaking, causing the chain to come off and lock up. There must be a way to get a stronger bolt!

MotorX

Good news! The bolt didn't break after all; it just slipped. I loosened it and put some Loctite in it and tightened it back, and it is doing a LOT better now!

Skippy

That is great that it was not broken again, MotorX. If it was broken I would seriously consider calling the manufacturer and letting them know they have a defective part.

Leslie

I agree with Skippy! Any part that breaks that many times in a row is definitely a defective part and the manufacturer should make it right. I'm glad it wasn't broken, too!

Hotrod25

I am glad you figured it out yourself instead of having to take it to the shop for them to tell you it wasn't broken after all! Good job! It's great when we can fix our own vehicles and bikes.

MotorX

Yeah, this one has given me so much grief that I have had to learn how to do some things on it. It was old when I got it and had sat for a few months without anything done to it.

Alexus

I am not so sure that I would trust it. It may be fixed for the moment, but I am not sure that I would go a real long distance with it. You don't know what caused it to slip in the first place.