Bikers

Lamboguy

I use to be under the impression that bikers where all a bunch of guys with bad attitudes and not friendly at all. I guess I watched too many movies. I was able to go with a friend of mine that rides, to a place near the beach where it's basically a biker hangout and restaurant. Not only was the food good, but the atomsphere was actually very relaxed. They had that biker look, but were friendly people. My view certainly changed.

PEZluvr

I think there are only a couple "gangs" of bikers that fit the old stereotype, and it is pretty easy to avoid those. Most bikers are just normal people that ride bikes, I think.

DMan

We have a couple of groups in our area that ride for charitable causes. One is called The Blue Angels and it's a group of cops and friends. The other is a Harley owners group (HOGS). But I know what you mean. When you see a bunch of bikes heading your way, it does cause some nervousness, in case they're not friendly.

Lamboguy

My friend does one of those charitable rides here as well. I think that's pretty cool of them.

When I think about it, I don't get nervous if a bunch of bikers are heading towards me. They usually don't even look at you like some people in cars who seem to want to start trouble. The only thing I don't like about bikers are the ones that feel they have to go 120mph on the highway. They're putting themselves in so much danger. Of course those ones aren't the ones on Harley's though. They are those modern speed bikes.

Lindsey

Experienced bikers wear leathers for protection, but you really can't tell who they are if they are riding in a group. That can be intimidating, especially if you're driving along and out of nowhere you have half a dozen bikes passing you.

MaximumSpeed

As long as they PASS you, I guess there's nothing to worry about, right? The only group I can recall hearing about that is dangerous is the group "Hell's Angels." As far as I know, we don't have any of them around here.

Joy

Stereotypes

We all grew up with those stereotypes of the bad biker boys. Now, there are tons of bikers around doing good things for people and just enjoying their lives. We have a group here who gathers annually and look forward to having them roll through.

Flipit

Old hippies

It's the old hippies and baby boomers reliving their youth who are behind so many of the good things going on in the motorcycle world today. They are basically good old boys who do good works instead of bad. The trouble makers of yesterday have either met their demise, tuned out or changed their religion. Let's hear it for the bikers.

sandis

That is just what the media would love for you to believe. I have met some of the most honesty & upstanding bikers in my lifetime and 99% of them would have you turn your head if you sat down to chat with any of them. I hate the idea of misconceptions like this, it helps no one and instead outcasts many.

Aces

It's kind of like being country. I was country when country wasn't cool. Biking, like country, used not to be cool. These days, in many circles, it's just cool to be a biker. So many baby boomers, with their kind hearts and generous spirit, have finally gotten those bad boy bikes of their youth. I love it, no matter the reason.

FenderBender

I don't think it helps bikers images when they have shows like Sons of Anarchy on TV. I don't base my opinion of people on stereotypes though. I like to get to know people and base my opinion on the actual person.

harleydoll

All of the bikers I've met like to play rough, but they turn out to be big teddy bears. When I was younger, I was afraid to even look at a biker. Now, most of the guys I know are bikers and they are all great.