Boom Boom - loud

Hotrod25

I have no idea what my daughter did to the radio but I swear the car vibrates now when the radio is on. It's Boom Boom Boom and the car shakes! It drives me crazy. What did she play with - I need to know so I can change it!

Skippy

It sounds like she turned up your bass. It is usually a knob on the stereo but could be a button somewhere (sometimes connected with fade/balance).

Lindsey

She probably not only turned up the bass but turned on the booster as well. And if she turned off the treble that would make the bass sound even louder.

Retread

It's the bass for sure. That's what you hear when cars drive up to you and you want them to turn down that music and ruckus immediately. It's noise pollution if every I've heard one. Your daughter needs to be courteous of other drivers and pedestrians when she is out and about.

harleydoll

I'm all for a loud bass, but I prefer the entire car not to shake. Definitely check the treble and booster settings as well. There should be buttons on the radio indicating each one.

Capricheea

I played this trick once on my dad, he did not appreciate it :| Your daughter definitely turned up the bass, just take it down a notch and everything will return to normal.

RoseRed

I hate when people put the bass up that high; it just sounds awful. Tell your daughter to make sure she puts it back in balance before she returns the car.

Hotrod25

I messed around with the bass and boost and now it sounds a lot better. I don't get headaches anymore and the car doesn't shake. She has been warned to not touch the dials!

Paul

Everyone here has said she turned up the bass. Maybe she did but my system has a setting called "dynamic" as well as bass boost. If adjusting the bass doesn't work, look for the dynamic setting as well.

vroombaby

Bass & treble are your best bets there. I tend to move mine back and forth depending on who is in the car with me, with the kids its dropped low but without the kids its up a tad higher. :)

kumkum

I have no idea what my daughter did to the radio but I swear the car vibrates now when the radio is on. It's Boom Boom Boom and the car shakes! It drives me crazy. What did she play with - I need to know so I can change it!
Hii Hotrod25!
Your audio system is vibrating your car. It is so much surprising for me. It seems like your car audio system has lost it's life and I think that it's the time for the replacement.