Broken window motor

Hotrod25

Seriously! My car has less than 20K miles on it and the rear passenger side window won't roll down! I took it to the shop to see what was wrong with it and they think it's a burned-out motor. How could that be already?

Big Al

Because "they don't make things like they used too." If you're inclined, go to the junk yard and pull the motor. Then you can replace it yourself.

Hotrod25

I should have my hubby do that! It's crazy though that it's broken already. It makes me so mad! They sure don't make things the way they used to. Heck I'd take a hand crank window- at least the motor would not burn out in that!

FenderBender

My boyfriend's drivers side window has the same problem. It really stinks but they really do not build things to last anymore. They can't profit if things don't break occasionally. I would go to the junkyard because you can get the job done for a fraction of the cost.

Luanne

We've had our window fixed three times, and it's still not fixed. Be careful when you do get someone to fix it. Sometimes they really screw it up when they fix it. We still have to get it repaired-- and this time right!

Pete

Heck I'd take a hand crank window- at least the motor would not burn out in that!
So true. I had a little $5 dollar piece break off on my window and it took me a good hour to tear apart the door and replace it. Sometimes technology isn't worth it.