Broken Window

Opal

A friend of mine has a broken window in her vehicle. By broken, I mean it will not go up or down. Thank goodness it's up. She took it to the shop and they quoted her a terribly high price to fix this. What has to be done to fix a broken electric window?

smash

The motor needs to be replaced and most times the motors are pretty expensive. I had the same problem. My back window was stuck - the dealership said it was the motor. Well about 2 months later the window started working again.

Paul

You are a blessed person smash. I tried to help a friend once and took the door panel off to try and fix the motor. No luck. He ended up taking it to a mechanic because we couldn't fix it. Don't think I'll do that again.

FenderBender

We have the same problem with one of our vehicles. We don't drive it much so we haven't bothered to get it fixed. We were quoted a high price too. The motors are expensive and it is a very difficult DIY repair because you have to take the whole door apart.

Jerry

Oh that so sad to know about your car,DIY total repair so its a big fault of your car but not take any tension and take it to a experienced mechanic in you area,its no very expensive to fix it but it also depends on mechanic nature.