Bugs!

MyMotor

I hate this time of year. We're getting to the time that those nasty big bugs smash onto your screen and leave a big greasy smear that won't clean off.

Do you find anything helps? Maybe some dish soap in with the washer fluid?

DNADriver

I've used dish soap for a while and it seems to help. My father though, swears by vinegar-he says it helps to cut through the grease, but I'd worry about it reacting with the washer fluid.

ChevyColorado

Use fabric softener sheets, the kind you put in your dryer. I think that the one that have already been used work better than new ones, but regardless, they work great and worn't scratch your paint.

vroombaby

So far this year the only thing that has not attacked my car in some shape is an actually dog. I have seen cats walking across the hood of it after it rains with muddy paws, birds sitting on the roof like its a new bird hang out and a snake from the garden that rubbed up on a tire. No bugs though, guess I am lucky.

Pedal2theMetal

Use fabric softener sheets, the kind you put in your dryer. I think that the one that have already been used work better than new ones, but regardless, they work great and worn't scratch your paint.
Hey this is what I use too. My dad taught me this trick, it's like magic!... I thought that it was just something that he figured out, but I guess not. When I tell people about it they are always a little shocked at the idea, like how would you have figured that out...lol

Auto_Clueless

I did not know these tricks. I am glad I found about them. We just took a couple of trips through a very rural area, and my windshield is in a very bad state. I was thinking about taking the car to the car wash, but if these work, I will give it a shot home.

TBird65

I did not know these tricks. I am glad I found about them. We just took a couple of trips through a very rural area, and my windshield is in a very bad state. I was thinking about taking the car to the car wash, but if these work, I will give it a shot home.
Same here. I always sit there, for who knows how long, scrubbing away with a soapy rag. Sometimes the bugs are just stuck on there so bad that it is very irritating

ChevyColorado

Hey this is what I use too. My dad taught me this trick, it's like magic!... I thought that it was just something that he figured out, but I guess not. When I tell people about it they are always a little shocked at the idea, like how would you have figured that out...lol
I didn't think that anyone else used this trick either. I get the same reaction when I tell people about it. But I have to say, I is by far the best method i have found for getting off that hard to remove stuff, like bugs and tar from driving on a freshly paved road.