Burning incense in a car

redwing

Has anyone here ever burned incense in a car? I was riding with a friend in to town and he lit up an incense in the car. I dunno, I guess I found it a bit strange.

moxilli

I do not know if I would do that. Some incense are made with chemicals that could be toxic if burned in a small space like that. There are plenty of other kinds of air fresheners made for cars.

coup

It is an effective way to get a smell that will stick around. If you burn them every day then it tends to soak in to the car and keep the smell. The issue is that you could drop it and burn a hole in the seats or carpet.

tuner

I'd be worried about burning something in the car, personally. I also think that it's a little intense for such a small space. If it came to that, I'd burn the incense in a holder that could collect all the ash, and only when not driving the car.

eDrive

I'd be afraid of causing myself harm with all of the chemicals in the small passenger compartment. I don't think I would want to inhale all of that smoke. You could have some bad health effects from doing something like that.

jason

Administrator
Staff member
I had a friend in High School who would use the little pyramid style ones and burn them in the ash tray.

fiat500

Oh dear, I won't even think about it. Luckily there is no reason to do it if it's for the purpose of eliminating odor. I don't even like air fresheners in the car. They're too strong for me.

Last edited:

Rockett

When I think burning incense, I think trying to hide the smell of a certain herb that you burn, from my parents when I was a teenager. What's your friend REALLY up to redwing? :shocked: LOL

Chaoticdriver

I have never burned incense when I am driving my car or any other cars. While burned incense smells good, for health reasons it's not advisable to burn incense in a closed room or in a car.

Trucker12

I cannot stand the smell of incense, so I wouldn't do it. I can't imagine it would be good for your body either, it's such a small space. I guess if you rolled the windows down and they lit it up it would be safer.

lauren

The only time I could possibly think of doing something like this is if I were hand washing my car and the incense was a very mild mix. Most that I seen or smell I should say on the market are way too strong.

hotrod

Wow that sounds really dangerous on so many different levels! I guess it is good that he isn't lighting up a candle in there but yeah that is definitely strange.

Brent

I am not a fan of incense. In fact, I always get breathing problems with it and I can't stand the smell either. So, I will never burn incense either in my bedroom or in my car.