Can you remove pin stripes

philio

What if you have a friend who goes on vacation, and while they are gone you have pin stripes put on their car because you think they will like it, but they don't. Can you remove pin stripes?

Wini

It sounds like somebody is in a pickle!

I've heard of people using hair dryers to heat up the pinstripes and then they peel off. You do have to be careful about overheating the paint though.

jumpinjacks

Yeah, that's not a good situation! Is there any chance that the owner of the car might give it a week or two. You never know, they might end up liking the pin stripes.

Dodge Doll

Um, it may be possible with the use of certain chemicals, like methyl-ethyl ketone.... but the stuff is seriously toxic, evaporates very quickly, and may cloud the paint.

Those things are made to come off easily, the adhesive bonds to the paint, if they came off easily, the consumer wouldn't purchase them.

Midnight Tech

Administrator
3M makes a tool to remove pinstripes...I'll see if I can find the part number...
Found it - 3M 07501 is the tool you need!

Hotrod25

Wow, that was pretty crazy of you to do that to someone's vehicle. I would be pretty mad!

I am in agreement - if they were easy to come off people would not buy them. You might have to take it to a paint shop and see what they can do.

silverfox

LOL! Aww... it is the thought that counts! Like jumpinjacks said, can the person live with it a little longer? Maybe they will change their mind. I guess it was the wrong thought on this one!