Car color and speeding tickets

Pete

Has anyone found any correlation between a car's color and speeding tickets? I've heard that red cars are prone to that but is it really true?

spaz

I have heard people say that but I think it's one of those urban myths. I've never had a ticket (knock on wood) and I've had a rainbow of vehicles through the years.

Whether you're speeding in the first place is what is going to make you prone to speeding tickets. A red car may or may not catch a policeman's eye more readily. Radar guns are colorblind, though!

Big Al

Since most cops use a radar gun I don't think it really matters as much as it used to. Not sure if it was a myth but red certain gets attention.

Luanne

Car color and speeding

It wouldn't surprise me if this were a statistic that held true. I believe women get out of tickets more often than men do. Policemen do get to make those decisions and will yield to the charms of a woman.

Tony

It wouldn't surprise me if this were a statistic that held true. I believe women get out of tickets more often than men do. Policemen do get to make those decisions and will yield to the charms of a woman.
That may be true but as a guy, I've talked myself out of two tickets since I've been driving. One was a speeding violation where the guy knew who I was because he heard me when I used to do radio news. The other time was for driving a car with an expired registration and the guy let me off because I told him I was getting the car inspected - which I was.