Car market going electric?

Skippy

I would love an electric car but they need to workout the size a battery life kinks before I can even consider it. I drive to much and have too many people to fit in the vehicle.

FenderBender

I have to agree with you Skippy, until they start making them a little roomier I will hold on to my gas guzzler. It is sad that they have had this technology for over 30 years and it isn't more developed than it is.

Donald

I'm not sure I'm quite ready for an electric car, but I probably will get a hybrid car the next time I'm in the market for a new vehicle. The improvement in gas mileage will be substantial enough with a hybrid, and I won't have to deal with the hassles involving electric cars.

Lamboguy

So would we trade in our ridiculous gas prices for a massive electric bill then? Powering such a large piece of equipment can't be that cheap I assume. Plus, what if you are out on a trip or where ever and you need to power up? Do you sit there for 12 hours waiting for the car to charge? Doesn't sound practical.

Gomera

No, for a number of reasons, not the least of which is the size of electric cars. I want something bigger to feel safe. I also haven't seen electric charge stations popping up anywhere in my area. I mean, what do you do if your car stops?

kentkars

As fuel prices continue to rise, with no foreseeable end in sight, electric automobiles will become, along with hybrids (which already have an extinct sound to them) the mode of transportation for the future.

Ares

The main drawbacks of an electric car are the performance, the price, and the time it takes to charge the battery. Though, I wouldn't mind to have it as a second car.

RacecaR

From what I've read, you can plug 'em in to any outlet, so there's no need for "charging stations" because you just have to get permission to plug it in anywhere. Also, it seems it doesn't use all that much electricity.

Ares

You are right, RR. Actually you can charge it at home when you are not using the car (of course). It just takes so long time (I mean up to several hours) to get the car fully recharged.

Sweet16

My best friend's dad has an electric car. It is so quiet! He never goes very far in it, though, and it's always plugged in when he's home. They use it around town a lot.

UGoGirl

I personally don't trust anything reported by Fox "News". They really work at skewing things, and I don't think this is any different. I don't believe it for a second.