Car shortage

Road_Runner

There is going to be a shortage of cars pretty soon. There are no parts coming out of Japan to make new cars, so some of the companies won't be able to produce for a while. I think prices will be up. What do you think?

jason

Administrator
Staff member
I do not see many people being able to afford new cars today. But then again, some people will always want a new car.

Auto_Clueless

That is the same thing I was thinking. I wasn't even thinking about getting a new car at least for another 3 years. However, my car got so messed up that I need to get another one because fixing this one would cost too much.

When I see so many car carries when I am on the highways. I am always wondering how many more new cars do we really need.

Craig

Supply and demand. If they're in short supply and people want them the prices will definitely rise. I'm glad I'm not in the market for a new car.

MiniVanMommy

I just now decided I might want to trade in. Rising prices would not be a good thing for me. Let's hope I make my decision before anything drastic happens!

RoadWarrior

I don't know if this will be a huge problem or not. Aren't most "Japanese" cars and parts mostly manufactured in the U.S. today? I know many of the cars are, but I'm not sure about the parts. Of course, you can't make a car without the parts.