Cardboard bicycle

Ben

I was intrigued by a recent article on the cardboard bicycle a man has constructed and patented. The thing lasts for a long time and is inexpensive enough to make it disposable. His plans are to make it available to third-world countries where people cannot afford expensive metal bikes. It is cheap enough to be offered for free if it incorporates advertising.

classicjuju

That sounds pretty cool. I know cardboard can be made quite strong but it seems weird that it can be strong enough to use for a bicycle. The idea of ultra cheap transportation is fabulous, though. Do you happen to have a link to the article?

Hotrod25

Sounds cool but I wonder how a cardboard bike would hold up. Sounds a bit unrealistic. I would love to see a picture of the bike and read the article.

RoseRed

Yes, if you can find the link, please share. It doesn't seem particularly realistic to me; even if it can hold up to a person's weight, how can it withstand the rain? Do they coat it with something?

Ben

I tried to make a link to the original article I read, but this site won't let me post a link until I've made 15 posts. I am new here. I think it has definite possibilities, especially for countries whose population can't afford the cost of traditional bicycles. I'll try to remember to post it after I've reached 15 posts. It was on Yahoo!