Cars = Jobs

vroombaby

How many other places besides GM & Ford are doing a large setup to provide more jobs out there? I know recently we had a manufacturing plant for BMW had a set back when part of the place caught on fire, a few people had paid time off but no one lost a job thankfully (or a life).

smash

I really don't know how many other car manufactures that are stepping up and creating jobs. You would think they would all be after the majority of them got the "bail out" from the Government.

MaximumSpeed

I think part of the problem is that they want to keep prices down, so they feel forced to get their parts and labor at the least possible price themselves, which tends to equal overseas, nowadays.

vroombaby

Many people love to shop for good deals but when you are a manufacturing plant and spending that much money you really need to understand that shopping overseas does little to help your own country. I know some refused the bail out but not all. Does anyone remember which ones refused it?

Kia built a plant here in Georgia a few years back, and they've been hiring periodically ever since. They have a stringent hiring process, though. My mom's boyfriend applied and had to go through 3 different interviews, a written test, and pass an extensive physical before he was offered a position. Still, they are creating jobs for the community here.