Christmas storage?

Flipit

My neighbor has most of her Santa presents stored in the trunk of her vehicle. She says it's the only way she can make sure her kids don't find their Christmas gifts before it's time. I would be so worried about something happening to them in the car all that time. Is this a normal thing? We store most of ours at neighbors houses and make the midnight run.

I might keep some Christmas gifts in the car overnight, but they don't stay in the car any longer than that. We store our gifts in our closet, in the attic, under the house, and out in the storage buildings, so that no one gets to them before they're supposed to. :)

FenderBender

I don't have to store them in my truck but I don't have a trunk anyway so it would not do me any good. I put mine down in a tote in the basement. If I need to hide one then it gets left at a friend or family member's house.

smash

I store mine in my house. If they snoop they won't be surprised on Christmas. It's that easy! I hide them in various places. I would never leave them in the trunk of the car. Someone could steal them.

vroombaby

Ours are all within the house or are on the property in out buildings, both are kept locked up. After a while of kids getting into our room and messing it up we decided to put a lock on the bedroom door. :)

Donnie

We keep ours down at the warehouse of the store the family owns. It's one of the best parts about having a business. Bicycles and toys can be put together ahead of time. All Santa has to do is load the truck and make the midnight delivery.

vroombaby

It would be great to have a warehouse but I am thankful that we at least have an outside storage unit.. For the money it was well worth it since we can store just about anything in it, including the large lawn mower.

Paul

My sister had her kid's bicycles sent to my house. We went to her house last night for dinner, 1.5 hours away, and delivered the bicycles. It worked out well and the kids will be surprised this morning I'm sure.

Taylor

Christmas storage

At least some of you have places where you can put things together ahead of time. We went through a phase where everything was made of plastic and had to have all these stickers on the toys before they were good to go. We were 5:30 a.m. getting to bed one year.