Chrysler Recalls 288,968 Jeep Wranglers for Brake Fix (Update1)

jason

Administrator
Staff member
June 7 (Bloomberg) -- Chrysler Group LLC is recalling 288,968 model year 2006 through 2010 Jeep Wrangler sport-utility vehicles for a brake-fluid leak that may lead to a loss of control and a higher risk of crashing, safety regulators said.
The defect results from contact between the inner fender liners and the right-front and left-rear brake lines, causing wear, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration said in a statement on its website today.
Repairs should begin this month, NHTSA said. Vehicle owners were directed to call Chrysler at 1-800-853-14903 for information or visit NHTSA’s website. Chrysler isn’t aware of any accidents or injuries related to the defect, the company told the agency in a June 1 letter.

read more http://www.businessweek.com/news/2010-06-07/chrysler-recalls-288-968-jeep-wranglers-for-brake-fix-update1-.html

chillen

I don't think my buddies is a wrangler but I could be mistaken, I might have to shot him over this link just in case. He is in WA and you know how those good ole boys like to play with jeeps on the west coast.