Cleaning Floormats

Opal

What is the best way to clean floormats? I have carpeted ones and can never seem to get them clean enough. Are there any tricks of the trade that you will share?

I don't know if this is the "best" way to clean carpet floor mats or not, but when we had carpet floor mats, we cleaned them with that foaming spray that you clean the carpet in your house with. However, that stuff won't get dried mud out, so we eventually replaced the carpet floor mats with vinyl, instead.

Hotrod25

I don't like the carpet ones. They get too muddy! I would replace them with the heavy duty plastic ones. They are the easiest to clean. If you can't replace them then I would try using Dawn and a brush and scrub them.

Paul

One of my buddies bought some inexpensive black towels and put them down in the floor board on top of the mats. All he has to do is wash the towels when they get dirty and not have to worry about the mats.

Opal

That's a great idea Paul. I would rather wash towels than try and clean those floor mats every time they get dirty. Thanks for the suggestion. I'll go tomorrow and buy the towels.