Cleaning The Headliner?

Wildman

The headliner in my van has gotten horribly dirty and I need to clean it. Actually it was kind of dirty when I bought the van but it has gotten worse after my kids have done their job. So should I take the headliner out to clean it or just try to clean it while it's still up and attached? I would think it would be easier to clean if I got it out and laid it on a flat surface, but I'm open to ideals here.

Hotrod25

What is a headliner? Do all vehicles have them? I don't know how to clean it because I have no idea what it is. Care to share more information please.

FenderBender

I was going to ask thou the same thing. I have never heard of a headliner either. If you tell me more about what it is, I might be able to tell you how best to clean it.

Wildman

The headliner is the ceiling part with has the foam and fabric attached to it. It is sometimes made out of thick cardboard, sometimes plastic, but mainly thick cardboard. It is removable but I would rather leave it in if I can. I know I can't soak it but I would rather leave it in if I can.