Comparison of Toyota to Ford Truck

Hi,

I still have not traded the GMC Canyon 4x 4 extra cab off and when looking at the Honda pickup, it is a pretty large truck(rather wide) for my garage. Looking for a smaller pickup and want to know if anyone has thoughts on which might be best the Toyota Tacoma or the Ford Ranger small pickup 4 x 4 with extra cab. Do not want a full size truck at this point since I don't have a lot of heavy stuff to haul, but use it mainly for small projects around town.

jason

Administrator
Staff member
What I found when looking at trucks.

Toyota has way more storage. I also wanted a 6.5 foot bed, but have room for the kid in the back. Toyota was one of the few that back doors on their "extended" (they call it double cab) that opened like regular car doors. Very nice when in a parking spot not to have to open front door then rear door.

Ford does make good trucks. My father has mostly owned ford. I love driving it. I know the Tundras have a bit of a "bed bounce" issue, besides the whole gas pedal issue going on. Toyota has a history of better resale value too. Not sure how the current issues will play into that. Ford does seem to be a popular truck though, at least their f150's.

Not sure how much it helps, but some food for thought.