Detailing My Son's MX Bike

DMan

I'm a "motorhead" from way back and I like things to look pretty. It's a real challenge to keep my son's dirt bike looking great. But since he's a pro racer, appearance is important. I found some industrial strength cleaner nicknamed Purple, that really gets the dirt off. We quickly wet the bike, then spray the Purple on and the dirt just flows off when we powerwash the bike. Awesome product.

PEZluvr

So what are the limitations of this stuff? Are there things you are not supposed to use it on? Where did you find it? Sounds like a sort of "miracle cleaner" to me!

vroombaby

Where did you pick it up at and how much did it cost? I am thinking if it works that well on a bike it would be perfect for my husbands (white) truck, it can be filthy within hours of driving it (esp. lately with the rain we have been getting).

Alexus

I've never heard of "Purple". I wonder how well it would work on other surfaces. I like the fact that you don't have to scrub and nothing gets damaged.

DMan

I ran out of the product and had to go get more. It's available at a transport truck repair shop and is a combination cleaner degreaser made for industrial use. The name on the bottle is Team Truck Center. The web address is teamtruck.com. I don't know if auto supply stores carry this product or not.

MaximumSpeed

If nothing else, you can probably find it online, but if it's usually a truck product then you can probably find it at truck stops. Sounds like something good to look for!