Did you hit it?

vroombaby

I hear all types of stories like my buddy had just bought a new Mustang for his lady friend and she ended up backing their SUV out of the garage and hit the new car. This is not the first time I have heard of stuff like this, what gives? I have never had this problem, is it really that common?

striker

I haven't done this personally. I have heard stories from friends that this happens sometimes. I'm guess because people aren't used to the extra car being there and backing out of their driveway is so automatic.

Nothing like that has ever happened in our family, or to anyone that we know personally, but I have heard stories like that from time to time. However, my husband's nephew got into a fender bender on his way home from getting his driver's license! He didn't stop in time at a red light and hit the person stopped in front of him. Their trailer hitch put a hole in his front bumper. He'd only had his driver's license for about 10 or 15 minutes!!

Naptime

I have never backed up into one of our other vehicles, but I had someone back into me while I was trying to pull into a parking spot! How did they not see me? I wonder about some people, I really do.

vroombaby

I think I have bumped a curb once or twice, mainly when I was getting used to the new car. Hard to judge distance when you are looking at a hood that seems to go on for miles and miles, otherwise I have never hit a thing (at least with a car).